Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for upper back pain and pressure in chest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
I have always had blood pressure of about 115/70 to 124/80, about the past 2 weeks I have had this weird pain in my upper back and not really my chest but like upper chest, I am a 57 year old male 210 lbs 5'9" tonight I checked it and it was 140/88 then I checked it again and it was 122/77 I went and walked around and it was back up again, I think it is because I have freaked my self out, I do not have any pain in the center of my chest at all or feelings of pressure in my chest. I am going to make appointment to see my doctor for Friday just want to know that it is ok to wait
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, it is ok to wait Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read your query and noted the blood pressure recordings. These are not alarming at this moment. It may be because of you freaking out, and a bit of stress causing the raise in blood pressure. There is no need to be worried about this, and you can go ahead with the doctor's appointment on Friday. You can wait until then, and it should not be a problem. Hope this helps you. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor