Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for swollen ear?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 621 Questions
my upper, outer ear is swollen and hot to the touch. Feels like puffy.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Your problem is caused by allergy or infection... Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for posting. There are two possibilities, the first is that your problem is caused by a kind of allergy(cold allergy) and the second is that your problem is caused by an infection. I usually treat my patients with ear problem with Cetirizine 10mg 1 pill a day. Also, need a steroid cream like Betamethasone 0.1% 15g to apply it on your ear. In case of infection you should use antibiotic. You should contact your dermatologist. For anything you don't understand, you can ask me. Dr. Behar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor