Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for stomach growling and diarrhea after drinking green juice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
i think my problem was caused by my first experance with green juices! i drank them and i have been hearing my stomach growl for a few days and wont stop i lost my hunger i feel nervous and depressed i have diarrea and bad oder i cant sleep ! what do u think i should do ?
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Problems are due to intestinal infection Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. Your abdominal symptoms are either due to contaminated juice; or, some of its constituents causing allergic symptoms. However, if you have been passing through constant mental stress/anxiety since the recent past, these symptoms may be a part of an underlying, undiagnosed Irritable Bowel Syndrome, complicated by intestinal infection. Persistence of allergic manifestations for several days, is highly unlikely. You may therefore, take * a 5-7 days' course of Metronidazole + Norfloxacin, ALONG WITH * a Proton Pump Inhibitor, such as, Lansoprazole or Rabeprazole; * a Probiotic, such as, Lactobacilli (to overcome the bad bacteria in the gut); AND, * an anti-spasmodic drug, such as, Dicyclomine. In case you have been under constant mental stress of late, a short course of anti-anxiety drug, such as, clonazepam or Alprazolam, will give you tremendous relief. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor