Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for splits in penis when suffering from cellulitis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
After using a penis ring; the shaft of my penis actually split and widened. Along the split there is a bubbling. I can actually push the fluid up where it collects just under the head. It forms at the top where I can squezze the fluid out. But this fluid always comes back. I have used hot moist towels to no avail. The fluid does not itch or hurt. Is there any way to remove these fluid pockets. I tried a cortisone cream and that gave me an infection. That turned into cellulitis. This is very aggravating. Everything works great as far as urinating and erection. What do you think ? Thanks for your help.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. I strongly advise you to see a physician in person for a physical examination. The symptoms you describe may lead to infection and scarring of the tissue. Also, please discontinue use of cortisone/steroid cream on the area. Steroid creams should almost never be used on the genitalia (or on the eyes/face). At this point, you are certainly running a risk of infection and you must get this treated properly in order to prevent any need for further medical/surgical intervention. I hope this provides some clarity and direction regarding your condition. I wish you good health and good luck. Take care, Dr G
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor