What is the treatment for small bump in right ear?

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I got a small bump in front of my right ear in the middle of the ear in front about a inch it tender when i touch it just started feeling it to day what is tbe problem
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Bacterial infection Detailed Answer: Hi See from the description provided, there are two possibilities. One, it can be an enlarged lymph node with inflammation causing the pain. Second it can be an infective lesion in the form of folliculitis or pyodermic lesion. I would like to know the status of the overlying skin. Please tell if the skin overlying the lesion is healthy and normal or is it red, inflamed , raised or pus filled. Also please tell if you any associated fever, far pain, throat pain, cough, cold or any other problems. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 6 minutes later
Shin is normal no feaver or head ach it tender when i touch it its about as big as a marble
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lymphadenitis Detailed Answer: Hi again You seem to have developed a lymph node swelling. Now such painful swellings are usually associated with some form of an infective focus in the form of any infective skin lesion or an ear or throat or com oral mouth infection. Make sure you do not have any oral ulcers or any bad tooth. Basically lymph nodes protect up from any kind of body infections, so they tend to swell up upon entry of any infective agent and kill the organisms. Since in your case, we cannot localize any known infection, so all you need to do is to take some anti-inflammatory agent like paracetamol twice a day for two to three days to bring down the associated inflammation. Sometimes the small focus of infection just heals by guide's This will decrease the size of the lymph node and the associated pain. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 43 minutes later
What about a real itchy skin for about 2 weeks all ready can not dleep right
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Itching Detailed Answer: Hi Please elaborate where do you have this itching? Is it at or around the lesion. You need to take some oral antihistamaines like benadryl along. Take it atleast two to three times a day for two to three days. Dr Geetika Paul