Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for sharp pain in breast and why is it hurting to touch my breast plate after a fall?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
Fell during a 50k run. Sharp pain in chest under right breast...maybe fell onto a rock. Hurt bad for 30 seconds, then stopped for about 15 minutes. Slowly started hurting more, difficult to sleep. Yesterday it was almost pain free. Today, really painful. Hurts to touch breast plate, under breast, under arm, and to breath deeply. Pain does not seem consistent.
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibility of rib contusion or fracture. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us, I have studied your case with diligence. As per your history of trauma there is possibility of rib contusion or fracture. Rib contusion is not always visible on X ray . If required you may need to do HRCT to see details of injury. Pain on deep breathing also suggest rib injury. If there is lung injury then there will be increasing pain with every breath. I will advise to consult to orthopaedic surgeon. Medication like muscle relaxant and analgesic will reduce pain along with it use rib support belt. You may consult physiotherapist for pain management. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case. You may need to take rest for early healing. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. If you find this answer helpful do not forget to give rating at end of discussion. Wishing you good health. Take care Regards Dr Vaibhav
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor