Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for sexual anhedonia?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1525 Questions
Sir I suffered from sexual anhedonia since 1997,consulted sexologist but nothing happen.I'm feeling very nervous.Having 2 children 15 yr and 12 yr.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sexual Health Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for choosing XXXXXXX for help You have used a technical word"anhedonia". Do you mean to say you have reduced desire for sex , or you don't feel fully aroused ( reduced lubrication) or don't have orgasms? I also need to know the treatments that you have tried. Thus if you can provide more information about your condition I will be better able to help you. These are different phases of sexual cycle, have different causes and different modes of treatment. It can simply happen because you have interpersonal problem with partner, have some kind of stress, diabetes, infection, or deep seated conflict . so a detailed discussion will help solve your problem. I shall be pleased to answer any more questions from you DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for sexual anhedonia? 2 hours later
Dear sir I have no feeling of plesure while ejeculation.There is no pressure built up before ejeculation.I feel very sad after sex.i take medicine long back I dont remember now sorry 4 that. my relation with my wife is normal.there is nothing psychological problem,it is pure physical problem. Thanks 4 ur kind reply and in hope ur treatment will cure me. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sexual Dysfunction Detailed Answer: Hi Do you mean to say that before 1997, you had normal sexual response characterized by desire for sex, good erection and ejaculation associated with feeling of pleasure. but after 1997, you don't have pressure for ejaculation , it just comes out. there can be 2 possibilities,-one you have delayed release of semen after pleasure (Generally both are associated together), and slowly this pleasure has gone because you tend to focus on your problem, not on the pleasure. Generally this type of delay is due to a urethral diverticulum . It can be easily diagnosed by urethroscopy and treated surgically. Second is post orgasmic dysthymia where some people feel sad and restless after sex ,instead of relaxed and high. Hope this will help DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Child Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor