Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for severe menstrual cramps along with red rashes and itching on skin?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1990
Answered : 232 Questions
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Hello Dr. i have heard about you many times from my sister. I have two problems. 1) I suffer from a very severe menstrual cramps every month and i vomit a lot on the first day. Bleeding is normal every month i don't have any problem with that but the painful thing is that i vomit and severe cramps. I got my hemoglobin checked it was 11 four months back. I also feel weakness some times and regularly during my periods. The cramps are so severe that i have to take 2 days off from my work and i just lay on my bed like an unconscious person. 2) I get red rashes and itching on my skin in every 2 to 3 days. First i used to get in a week a year back but now after 16 months i get rashes every 2 to 3 days. Its so itchy that my whole body itches and i have to take CETGEL to get an instant relief. Its been 16 months now and i have taken all the medicines but there's no cure. Now i am taking Homeopathy medicine sine last month. But there's no change in my problem. I also have a severe Hair fall and cracked heels and dry skin but an oily face all the time. Please Solve my problem. Thanks allot doctor. XXXX
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 31 hours later
Brief Answer: Spasmodic dysmenorrhea Detailed Answer: dear XXXXXXX generally painful periods settle over time but conditions like endometriosis can cause severe pain which increases over years. a lot of women are relieved after childbirth . your ultrasound is normal. if you are married having a pregnancy can help if not the best option is to take mefanemic acid every time as soon as the periods start and no later and take regularly. a rectal exam can be done to look for endometriosis if you are a virgin. otherwise vaginal exam can be done. for skin rashes it's important to see a dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor