Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for schizophrenia?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
Hi! Last summer I experienced psychological trauma and I felt burning sensation in my forehead and in my crown. This happend three times. After that I went to psychosis. Now I have schizophrenia and I am useing zeldox 40 mg 2/day.I have started homeopathic treatment one and half month ago. I haven´t feel any improvment yet. Maybe my homeopathy hasn´t find the right remedy. If she find the right remedy how long it take before I could reduce my anti-psychotic drug. How long should I wait that my homeopath find the right remedy. Should I change my homeopath if there is no improvment after two or three month? How can I be sure that my homeopat is cabaple to treat me? Here in finland there is no expert homeopath for schizophrenia. Should I ask help from India where are some experts for schizophrenia?
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Schizophrenia
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Further details.. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way. 1) What are your current symptoms? 2) How much improvement is there on anti psychotics? 3) How long did you have psychotic symptoms..and which symptoms if you can elaborate? 4) Why do you want to discontinue anti psychotics? Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Regards and wish you good health, Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for schizophrenia? 2 hours later
Hi, Itried to send this message to Dr. C. J. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Clarifications Detailed Answer: Hello, I would like to clarify that you have opted for a "Ask a doctor" query. If you were specifically asking for response from Dr. C.J. XXXXXXX then there is an option for "Direct Query" which will cost you atleast 2-3 times more than the amount that has costed to you right now. I will more than happy to help you, Please provide me the details so that we can proceed with the consultation, Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for schizophrenia? 12 minutes later
1)Right now I don´t have any sympoms. If I don´t use anti-psychotics I get psychosis. 2)There is improvment. Without drugs I would get psychosis. 3)I had psychosis couple of hours. When I had it I couldn´t think normally and I became suspicious. 4)I would want to discontinue anti psychotics because I can´t do meditation. When I can do it my life is much better.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Schizophrenia treatment lasts for 3 years Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow-up. Even if you dont have symptoms as of now still you shuold take anti-psychotic medications for 3 years. The medicine that you have been put on i.e. Zeldox is a new and very safe drug with no significant side-effect. You should not be having any trouble with this medicine. But still if you are having any side-effect then there is always an option to change the antipsychotic as most of the newer anti-psychotics are safe. Homeopathy medicines are also good for psychosis but try to understand that there are no good doctors of homeopathy in Psychiatry in Finland and in this context its better to continue the management with allopathy doctors as of now. It will cause no harm. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for schizophrenia? 9 hours later
Hello, I would like to try serdolect. What is your opinion of this medicine?
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 4 hours later
Brief Answer: It has limited experience Detailed Answer: Hello Serdolect is actually sertindol which is one of the newer drugs and hence nott been in use for long. It is not a very popular treatment choice as there are other better treament options available. Risperidone olanzapine quetiapine aripiprazole are certain popular anti psychotics if at all you need to switch your drug. Hope that helps Regards. Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor