What is the treatment for radiculopathy?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Sat, 4 Oct 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: What is the treatment for radiculopathy?Should I go to a pain clinic or a spine clinic for further dx and treatment?
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Further investigation may be required

Detailed Answer:

If the radiculopathy was not based on a MRI(Magnetic resonance imaging), it would be good to have it done to confirm the cause and details.
If it is due to spondylosis/disc prolapse, I often prescribe Gabapentin or Pregabalin for my patients in addition to pain relievers. These are prescription medicines.

If you haven't been evaluated or tried on treatment, you should start with a visit to spine clinic. If necessary the doctor can refer you to a pain clinic.

I shall be happy to answer if you have further questions.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Noble Zachariah

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad