What is the treatment for polyp in maxillary sinus?

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Sir,

My ENT doctor detected a polyp(1.65cm*1.2cm) in my left maxillary sinus and mild DNS in left nasal septum.

treating me with montair fx for last one month and asked me to repeat for another month .

He told me nasal spray cannot reach the polyp because of its position.

Is my treatment is on right direction?
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Asymptomatic maxillary polyps (and a mild septal deviation) require observation and no active treatment.

2. If you can upload a CT Scan image, I will be able to help you better.

3. It is unlikely that a small maxillary polyp will respond to a nasal steroid spray.

4. Sometimes, if all your other sinuses are clear, the maxillary polyp may be related to dental problems in the left upper jaw.

If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 days later
Dear Sir,
Thanks a lot for your advice.As you have asked, I am enclosing my CT scan report(I cannot upload the image since my system has no option) and also the endoscopy report for your kind perusal.
I would like to mention that I am suffering from chronic maxillary sinusitis for about last 30 year from my age of around 22 years.Generally I get an attack in a year,sometimes in a gap of 2-3 years.
I would be grateful to you if you kindly advice me.
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing back.

1. From your reports it appears that you do not require any surgery.

2. If you can upload the CT images, I can give you an accurate assessment. CT reports may not describe every detail as seen form the ENT Surgeon's point of view.

Regards.