Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for pea sized boil on my scrotum?

Dec 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 4168 Questions
ihave a pea sized boil on my scrotum which is a bit enflamed and got larger after trying to swueeze it, no puss camer out when trying this
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: need more details and images, if possible Detailed Answer: Hello, I can understand your concern towards pea sized boil on your scrotum. But before I can guide you for the boil like lesion, I would like to confirm it as boil. For the same can you please take pains in letting me know certain important information regarding the boil like lesion: 1. Since how long you have this boil like bumps on scrotum. 2. Do you feel any burning or pain or itching sensation over the area. 3. If you feel burning or pain or itching, then is it mild/moderate/severe. 4. Is is red or yellowish in appearance. It would be best if you can send few good resolution pictures of the area so that it can be analyzed best. You have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia). Till that time I humbly and personally request you to not to pinch, pop or try to squeeze the area as it can get secondarily infected. Do not even try to touch the area from your side. "Wish you good health" with regards, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD - Dermatology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for pea sized boil on my scrotum? 1 hour later
i have had this for around 4 weeks, it got worse when I tried to pop it around two weeks ago There no itch however there is mild pain when you touch the area It is red in appearance
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Mild boil; Apply fucidin or mupirocin Detailed Answer: Hi, I was waiting for the picture to confirm my diagnosis. But even then after getting your details it appears form your query that you have infection and inflammation of the hair root at the scrotal region which lead to boil formation. Many times when there is mild inflammation and infection is present then there is no XXXXXXX pus and not even severe pain. This area is quite common to get infected very easily because of sweating and high bacterial proliferation. You need to do simple measures to treat this condition better. Kindly follow the suggestions below: - Do not try to even touch or pinch the area as can cause more aggravation of the problem and spread of the infection. - Wear cotton clothes and cotton undergarments. - Take two times bath - Stay away form hot and humid climate. - For time being period you can apply antibiotic cream such as fucidin or mupirocin - Take pain killer tablets such diclofenac or paracetamol as per pain sensation. - If it is increasing despite the treatment then can take oral antibiotic such as ciprofloxacin or cefadroxyl 500 mg two times a day for 5 days to prevent secondary infection. The most important part in your case is to not to even touch the area as by repeated touching or pinching the area gets more inflamed. I hope these information will help. I will be glad to help you for your any further queries. "Wish you good health" with regards, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD - Dermatology) Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor