Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for painful wrist despite taking IBU and wearing a split?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
i am having wrist pain cant move hand to the pinky side very painful taking ibu and wearing a split but not getting better there is a knot there sore to the touch and started 2 weeks ago first it was just itching bad then all the pain and limited movement
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: possibility of De Quervain's tenosynovitis. Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case, I consider that there was no injury/trauma to your wrist. As per your history there is possibility of De Quervain's tenosynovitis. Physiotherapy like USG and TENS will help in relieving symptoms. Avoid twisting activity of wrist. Till time continue your medication. If not relieved local steroid injection will help, you can take that after consulting your treating doctor. Last aspect remains surgical release as long term cure. Another probability of carpal tunnel can be considered in which there is swelling over wrist .There is nerve compression near wrist which leads to pain on movement.MRI wrist may help in diagnosis along with clinical examination. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor