Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for painful lump in the opening of my ear canal?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I have a small painful (slightly) lump just in the opening of my ear canal. Also slight pain in ear and a feeling of the ear being "stuffed up." The lump has been there for about 2-3 weeks.
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. The symptoms you describe could be attributed to many things. One could be local inflammation of the ear canal and its associated structures. There are also several other structures located in that area of the face, such as salivary glands and lymph nodes. because this has been persistent for a few weeks, it is very reasonable for you to schedule an examination with a physician (either general internist or otolaryngologist=ENT) for a complete physical evaluation and determination of what the next steps should be. Again, thanks for submitting your question and I hope this condition resolves soon. Take care, Dr. G
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor