Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for pain in neck,arms and hip after a head injury?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
I have a fall with a lump on my forehead. there's no pain now. I have a large bruise. I have pains in my neck right across, and one in my arm. I get a sudden throbbing pain in my left hip. It disappears. Is my problem with my fall, about a fortnight ago. what can I do to help. I rub it with liniment,which seems to ease it.
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 4 hours later
Brief Answer: You may need X ray of hip and neck. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Traumatic injury can lead to bruise due to hematoma formation it will resolve gradually. If your symptoms started after fall only then those are due to injury only. When such patient comes to my hospital we usually do MRI brain if abnormality suspected. You may need X ray of hip and neck also. Due to compression of this nerve root there is pain in your arm. For these symptoms analgesic [paracetemol or tramadol] and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights, You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor