Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for occasional bleeding from a lump on my butt?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1337 Questions
I had a cyst on my but crack and saw a doctor a year ago who drained it and had antibiotics. The lump remained and is now bleeding occasionally and feels wet all the time.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pilonidal sinus. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. This appears to be a pilonidal abscess that you have had drained. You may now have a sinus which is a tract below the skin that may be inflamed, hence the wetness. There is a risk that it becomes infected again. Therefore, I suggest you see a surgeon regarding further treatment. This would usually be surgical excision to remove the sinus. It is a relatively minor procedure and will cure the condition. I hope this is of help to you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB. FRCA.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor