Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for nosebleeds associated with abdominal pain and vomiting?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1109 Questions
Our child (12) usually has bleeding nose from time to time, we got used to it. Lately, it became way too often, last week-2-3 times a day associated with abdominal pain and vomiting. She doesn't have fever, no other signs of cold/flu just a bit tired which is understandable as she is dealing withe the nose issues and loosing some blood. We used to go to our doctor before (it used to happen every year 2-3 times for the last 4 years at least). The conclusion was-dry air, "belly" flu, nothing serious. We are concerned that the similar thing happens over and over again. Seems like some virus just always in her system living dormant till the time comes....
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: get investigated Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I need more details about your kid`s symptoms to be better able to help you. Also let me know if your daughter is having any nasal blockage or nasal discharge again and again? For nasal bleeding which is happening again and again first of all get any bleeding disorder ruled out by getting blood tests like bleeding time, clotting time, prothrombin time done. Secondly if she has nasal blockage complaints then it could be because of recurrent cold that the blood flow to nasal skin is constantly increased so there can be bleeding from minor trauma like nose picking etc. She may require oral and nasal decongestants, normal saline nose drops. And if there is any nasal problem then steroid nasal sprays would be required. For that you must consult an ENT specialist near you. Your ENT specialist can do nasal endoscopy to see inside the nose for any obvious problem. In doubt do reply
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor