Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for my hair fall problem with a family history of baldness?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
I am 22, male. My hair is falling. I dont use any chemicals. None of my family members have any baldness problems. I have very thin and straight hair. I have been losing hair for the last 3 years during summer and rainy season, but grow back in winters. This year, my hair continues to fall, isnt growing back.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that hair fall can be due to several reasons and all of them have different treatments . First it needs to be determined what is the cause . You will need to see a trichologist for this and get your hair analysis done. In my opinion you will be suffering from androgenetic alopecia that is male pattern baldness . Your hormonal profile containing testosterone and DHT levels needs to be done . Minoxidil 5% local application over the affected area twice a day is one of the most effective treatment . Zinc and biotin supplementation are advised . If you require any DHT blockers will be decided by your treating doctor . I will advise you to seek consultation at earliest because it is very essential to start treatment at early stage before the follicle producing hair is fibrosed . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor