Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for my child suffering from fever?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
my child is 4 years and got fever last night until she was okay. we were travelling until yesterday morning and she was fine.
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Fever is most likely to be viral in nature and settles in few days. I suggest you to; -monitor fever 4to 6 hourly and in case it is above 100F give acetaminophen as per dosage 15mg/kg body weight. -in case fever is above 102F do tepid sponging. -give plenty of fluids and soft bland diet so as to maintain hydration and nutrition. Watch for next 24 hours and if fever continues to be there get him evaluated by pediatrician to look for any focus of infection. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question I would be glad to help. Wishing your child good health. God bless...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for my child suffering from fever? 13 minutes later
she has got some throat infection and coaffing little bit as well. should we also give any antibiotic.? she was having coaf nd cold few days before as well. we stopped as she was fine. she was taking ventorlin for coaf.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. As per symptoms he is having upper respiratory infection which is mostly viral and takes few days to settle. Antibiotics are not required for viral infection. Continue with paracetamol. Give warm fluids as it will be soothing for throat. You can give combination of antiallergic with decongestant for relief of cold. Hope this helps. Take care..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor