Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for marble sized lump on my stomach area?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
i have a marble sized lump on my stomach area below my ribs what could that be??
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Pictures required Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your condition and I hope I am able to help you in the same. The kind of lesion that you have is suggestive of a lipoma of skin. But to be very sure, I would like to have a look at the skin lesion. Please click a close up picture of the same and upload it here on this page. Also please provide certain other details about the skin lesion. Since when do you have this lesion? Is it painful or painless in nature? Is there any change in the overlying skin in the form of any redness or pain? Is the skin lesion firm and movable? I am sure I would be able to help you more once you provide of the above details along with the pictures. Waiting for your response, Dr Geetika Paul.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for marble sized lump on my stomach area? 1 hour later
There is no lesion it is just a lump under my sling that I can feel. It is slightly painful but it feels sore.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Lipoma skin Detailed Answer: Hi again The kind of skin lesion that you have points towards a lipoma. I would like to know if it appeared suddenly or it is a long standing lesion and is slowly increasing in size. Also hope it was not associated with any prior trauma. A lipoma is basically a collection of fat cells below the skin. It is essentially a harmless skin lesion and appears as a firm round freely movable lesion just below the skin. The overlying skin appears normal. Such lesions are slow appearing and long standing. They are mostly painless in nature but can sometimes be associated with pain. Normally they can be left on their own but if they cause too much pain and discomfort, then they have to be removed surgically. I would suggest you to take some painkillers in the form of paracetamol tablets for two to three days. It will help in reducing the associated discomfort. But if the pain tends to persist, then you can see a dermatologist or a surgeon for removal of the lesion. Else it can be left on its own. Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor