Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for major depression?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
I am in a clinical trial of GLYX-13 for Major Deprtession. I feel the injections are working slightly so far. Once tha trial ends, I would like to start a medication as similar to GLYK-13 as possible. Can you recommend some choices I can talk over with my doctor?
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer: It is a novel drug Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The GLYX-13 is a novel antidepressant that has its action on NMDA receptor as an agonist. Its anovel drug with new mechanism of action and no drugs currently in the market have their action anywhere similar to the trial molecule. Unfortunately this is the case. After finishing the trial you can shifted to bupropion which acts on noradrenaline which is to some extent the end result of GLYX 13 as well. Bupropion is one of the options that you can be shifted on but its still not very similar. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor