Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for lower groin pain with slight numbness and swelling in leg?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6163 Questions
lower goin pain with slight leg numbness & swelling at left ankle
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be a satellite adenitis!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. I hope we figure out the exact cause and identify solutions that would help relief you of these. Can you tell me for how long you have had these symptoms? Also, do you think the ankle could be infected? Do you have any fevers? Considering the information you have provided, it is possible that you have an infection at the ankle. When we have infections on our legs, the lymph node that fights infections here located in the groin becomes inflamed and painful. This may explain why you have this combination of symptoms. You can take some Tylenol to control the pains. If this ankle swelling should be an infection, then you need to contact your doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. Unfortunate, I cannot examine you to confirm this suspicion or look for other possible causes. If you can upload a picture of the swollen ankle, I will take a look and get back to you with more suggestions. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for lower groin pain with slight numbness and swelling in leg? 6 minutes later
been happening off & on for 6 months ankle swelling only started latley pain is mainly while sitting not much while standing or working
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please, may I suggest you get consulted!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for following up with me. Seen the long standing duration of this problem, I will suggest that you get consulted and evaluated for this appropriately. It becomes very difficult to make a cal on things that have gone up to six months because we always want to do some investigations like blood tests and imaging studies to obtain more information. There is no emergency in going in over night. I will suggest that you take you time, book an appointment with your primary doctor and start the process to get this addressed. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor