Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for lower abdominal pain and back ache?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6481 Questions
I have fairly significant pain this evening, that showed up fairly suddenly, in my lower abdominal area - specifically the whole "stomach role" area. I took my temperature and it was normal. I ate breakfast this morning - nothing unusual, but have had nothing since that time. FYI, possibly relevant - for the last three days, I was doing a new-for-me activity (flagging at an auto-race) that had me standing for long periods of time (6 sessions of roughly 4 to 5 hours each session). Each day, I had fairly significant lower back ache, and that is normal for when I stand for long periods. But I don't usually stand this long, or this many times in a row...
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You can take tabalet Dicyclomine. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Lower abdominal pain may be due to many reasons.It is important to know radiation of pain,any urinary problem,bowel alteration etc. You need proper clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Urine RE/ME,ultrasound of abdomen. At present you can take antispasmodic like tablet Dicyclomine. For chronic backache you need few more investigations and need to change your life style. You need serum calcium and vitamin D level,X-ray of L/S spine in AP/Lateral view.MRI of L/S Spine should also be done to confirm the status of nerve involvement. You should avoid standing for long time.You should avoid abrupt forward bending. Physiotherapy is also very helpful in backache.It causes strengthening of paraspinal muscles. You should take your anti diabetic drugs regularly. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor