Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for inflammation above my testicle and lump on scrotum?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9620 Questions
I have inflammation above my testicle. I'm 55 years old I had a vasectomy about three years ago. I'm single and have had a lot of sex the last couple months. I've noticed that I've had multiple orgasms but my partner says that she really can't taste anything when she's getting Down on me. I've taken some bands and I have been able to drain the fluid by poking a hole in my scrotum. I started taking amoxicillin yesterday. Reason I poked a hole in my scrotum was to try to release some of the pressure because it really hurt. It doesn't hurt anymore but there still a large lump there. And I can't seem to be able to get rid of that lump this is been going on now for three days.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is likely to be Epididymitis. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have infection of epididymis (Epididymitis).However it needs to be confirmed by clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon or Urologist and ultrasound scanning of scrotum. Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. In the mean while start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician. Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute . Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor