Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for incomplete evacuation of feces ?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 15830 Questions
My question for a gastroenterologist specialist is when I have a bowel movement I have a hard time cleaning afterwards. I feel as though I'm done and later I check my rectum and I'm dirty again. It takes a while to finally get completely empty and clean. Next thing I know I'm spelling feces again. I do not feel it coming. I just had another colonoscopy January 5th, 2014. Do I need to see a Proctologist? I feel that something is wrong and the colonoscopy is not showing it. My dating life has been on hold for atleast a year now. Please help.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, please see the Proctologist. Detailed Answer: Hi, I see you wanted to get a gastroenterologist opinion on your issue. As you have posted this question on Ask a Doctor and a gastroenterologist haven't replied to you yet; I shall take this opportunity to answer. I have plenty of experience in dealing with intestinal complaints. Your history of illness and medications noted. This is a case of feeling incomplete evacuation and unable to pass feces at once. It is good that colonoscopy is normal meaning- it can rule out only the organic problems like a mass or an ulcer; not the functional problems. I would advise you to have a course of an antibiotic with metronidazole ( which needs a prescription form your Doctor) which will help to clean the bowel of any subacute infection causing your present problem. Definitely seeing the proctologist is the best idea and I suggest you should. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor