What is the treatment for hepatitis B?
I need your help in knowing about hepatitis B type. My cousin is affected with this problem. She didn't take any treatment. Could you please
explain how and where to start the treatment and also what all the criticalities behind
Monitor the blood testing
Series of blood tests should be done to diagnose the condition. Her treatment is based on those test results. Following tests are done to look for liver damage if your cousin is having hepatitis B.
1.HBV Viral load
2.Liver function test
4. Prothrombin time
Acute hepatitis needs no treatment other than careful monitoring of liver and other body functions with blood tests.
She should take adequate rest, drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy foods. If there is abnormality in blood investigations she should be taken to the gastroenterologist to prevent chronic Hepatitis B state.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the treatments for hepatitis b
- Hepatitis b reactive treatment
- Hepatitis b treatment
- Treatment for hepatitis b carriers
- Chronic hepatitis b treatment
- Herbalife treatment hepatitis b
- Hepatitis b exposure treatment
- Hepatitis b positive treatment
- What is the treatment for hepatitis b infection
- What treatment can i take for hepatitis b