Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for groin pain due to UTI?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1197 Questions
i am XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 24+ /female 67 kg / 5'4" /35 th week pregnant /first issue . uti recured three time . uti recured last 30 th week. URILISER has been continuing for last 5 weeks . now i am feeling bad GROIN pain . it is too much for today night . is uti back again ? or kideny stone ? no pain during urination . no fever . urine R/E pus count -1-2 microrganism- few . culture shows groth but not for E COLI but for KLEBSIELLA SP./ AMICAKACIN , CIPROFLOXACIN , GENTAMYCICIN, NITROFURANTION IS SENSITIVE . MURTIFUR MR 200 (NITROFURANTION ) HAS TAKEN 30 TH WEEK FOR UTI . NOVACLOX HAS TAKEN AT 33 TH WEEK. WHAT SHOULD I DO
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. I would like to know when was Klebsiella growth isolated in your urine. Was it in week 30 or 33 or presently. Anyway, coming to the groin pain, there can be many causes like urinary infection, urinary stones or the progressing pregnancy itself. It is important for you to meet your gynecologist and also get an ultrasound scan (including screening through your kidneys). Some of the precautions you may take are: Wipe front-to-back after urinating or defecating Wash hands before using the toilet Use washcloths to clean the perineum Use liquid soap to prevent colonization from bar soap Clean the urethral meatus first when bathing The antibiotics taken by you earlier are fine. Drink good amounts of water and fluids to prevent dehydration. Wear loose cotton inner wear. Do not hold urine gor long durations. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any. Dr.A.Rao Kavoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor