Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for generalized dystonia with numbness in left side of body?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1197 Questions
My wife suffers from generalized dystonia but last night her whole left side of body went numb and eye and mouth were droopy. She was like this for about an hour she was laying on her stomach on the ground and could hear everything but could not speak or move. She also suffers from severe migraines and complained about having the worst headache she's ever had. She says she is feeling a little better today but is this something we should go and take her in for because it so hard these days with all her symptoms that they just look at you in the E.R. like why are you here it has to do with her movement disorder we cant help you. Any help is appreciated.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suggested detailed neurological clinical tests Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. Neurological complaints should never be ignored. I agree that your wife did have dystonia, something to do with her movement disorder but would surely like to suggest getting her clinical neurological examination done completely. Numbness afftecting one half of the body and a worst headache scenario may have to do something in the brain. Depending on clinical examination, suspicion of any significant brain areas being involved may he made. This may then require imaging investigations like CT or MRI scans and EEG. I suggest you make an appointment with the neurologist and get her evaluated in detail for this particular episode. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Dr.A.Rao Kavoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor