What is the treatment for frequent urination problem during night?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: DEAR SIR, I AM DAIBETIC/BP PATIENT , TAKING MEDICINE REGULARLY . I SLEEP VERY EARLY IE 10 PM GET DEEP SLEEP BUT PROBLEM NIGHT 2/3 TIMES URINE PASSING I WILL WAKE UP AFTER THAT NO SLEEP SOME TIME 12 MIDNIGHT TILL MORNING 6 AM NO SLEEP BECAUSE OF URINATION PROBLEM ONLY NIGHT TIME. SO KINDLY ADVICE MEDICINE /TREATMENT TO STOP FREQUENT URINATION AT NIGHT SO CAN I GET VERY GOOD SLEEP THANKS REGARDS XXXX 0000
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Need to test for prostate enlargement Detailed Answer: Hi, You need to test for prostate enlargement near the urethral opening. This is commonly enlarged in your age. This presses over the bladder and causes frequency. There are good medications that can control the frequency. I generally advise URISPAS for my patients. However we need to confirm this enlargement before taking this medicine, so suggest you to see a local Urologist for the same. There could be uncontrolled blood sugar that can lead to frequent urination, so need a detailed check on this as well. Let me know ohter concerns.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli