Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the treatment for frenulum tears in the penis ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I have a tear on my penis looking at some anatomy it tells me is a frenulum tear. It was bleeding a lot and it hurts when I shower what can I use on it to help it heal? this is the second time it happens and I wonder if it will ever heal back again. the first time i let it rest for about 2 weeks
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 47 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.
This area of the body as you know has very sensitive tissue. With a tear of the frenulum, healing can be complicated by infection. This is not your fault, as the pubic region has many bacteria which are present normally.

As far as encouraging healing you should be sure to clean the area three times daily. I would recommend a warm soak in the bathtub multiple times daily as this will help promote healing.

I would also recommend you purchase antibiotic ointment such as bacitracin which you can apply also after you wash and dry yourself. The ointment will promote healing and minimize infection. It may take some time to heal so be patient.

Lastly you have to minimize trauma to the area - limit sex and masturbation for 10 more days as you focus on healing. Finally if this fails to improve your situation you may need to see a physician to evaluate the area and see if any additional intervention is needed.

I hope I have provided you with an adequate answer to your question. I am available for your followups.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor