What is the treatment for dry wrinkled skin on left testicle?

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have dry wrinkled skin on my left testicle I sit in wheelchair all day. what do I do for this
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection of the groin Detailed Answer: Hi , I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I will be able to help you in the same. Now you have dry wrinkled skin over your scrotum. I would like to know if you have any associated itching too. The most common cause of such a presentation is a fungal infection of the groin region. Since most of the times you are seated, so increased sweating in the region leads to increased chances of fungal infections. Beings a diabetic also predisposes to such infections. You need to start application of a topical antifungal agent over the affected area atleast twice a day. Use it continuously for atleast two to three weeks. You can use something like clotrimazole. Sometimes oral antifungals also have to be given in addition. In addition , you should wear only cotton undergarments in order to minimize sweating and thereby recurrent infections. Also do not apply any other oils or moisturizers in the groin region as it tends to increase the development of fungal infections. Hope it helps, If you have any other query, please let me know. Dr Geetika Paul.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 5 hours later
ARE YOU TALKING SOMETHING LIKE LOTRIMIN?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Genital fungal infection : Take proper treatment Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes you are right. Something like lotrimim should help you. It contains an antifungal agent which is clotrimazole. Use it continuously for some two weeks. Do not stop the treatment in between even if there is improvement . Many times patients tend to stop its use before the infection is completely healed. This leads to recurrence of the infection. If you have any other query, please let me know. Dr Geetika Paul.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 32 minutes later
THANK YOU DOCTOR. I CALLED MY PHARMACY AND THEY SAID A CREAM CALLED TRIPLE PASTE AF. HOPE THAT IS OK?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Antifungal for tinea infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX , Yes this cream would be perfect. It is a barrier and an antifungal cream. You can the it as advised. Dr Geetika Paul.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D