Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for double vision when suffering from type2 diabetes?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
I am experiencing double vision. It began a week ago today. I went to an ER and had a CT scan and blood work. All were normal, accept a glucose of 215. I had just had a sandwich and do have diabetes type 2. My blood pressure has been running high, like 177/97. Just before Christmas I experienced a sharp headache, and had trouble finishing a sentence. It occurred to me later that I may have had a TIA. I am traveling away from home. What should I be doing? Other than wearing a patch, is there anything I can do to restore normal sight?
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please consult a cardiologist before travelling... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, The symptoms you are referring (double vision) could be related to: - increased blood pressure : should check with cardiologist to exclude TIA and other ischemic problems. Running ECG, cardiac echo and Holter monitoring are necessary to further evaluate your heart. - poor diabetes control as shown with a level of 215 of blood sugar - high ocular pressure (glaucoma) : should check your eyes by an ophtalmologist Meanwhile, I'd suggest to : - take your medications regularly and as prescribed by your doctor - keep monitoring your blood pressure and blood sugar, record the results for future evaluation - Be careful with the food you choose; avoid too fatty foods or those high in simple sugar At the end, I strongly suggest to consult your cardiologist and run cardiac tests before travelling. Once your blood sugar, blood pressure and eye problems are well-under-controlled, you will get your sight back to normal again. All the best my dear! Dr.Bardha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor