Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for diarrhea and sore bumps?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1197 Questions
I have dioreha and a sore bum how can I cure this? I get very bad stomach cramps then the urgent need to poo. As I poo so often I have to now wear a nappy as I don't always make it to the toilet in time or I poo myself in my slee without realising.
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Request more information Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for sending in your query. I am glad to help you out with your problems and request you to please send in some more information to get a better idea of your condition. It is important to know since when you are having the diarrhea and cramps and how many times each day. Are there days when you don't have it and are completely normal? You have also written that it happens in your sleep, since how long is this happening? You might be having what is the irritable bowel syndrome or a bowel infection. I see that you have also mentioned depression as one of your problems, do you take any medications for that or are you under a lot of stress and anxiety? In most situations your condition is completely treatable. Try to drink a lot of fluids and fresh juices to prevent dehydration if you are having diarrhea. Please write back with an update to continue the discussion further. Dr.A.Rao Kavoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for diarrhea and sore bumps? 5 minutes later
Hi there Thanks for replying - no medication is taken for the depression and the cramps happen at differnet times of day usually after eating food. I get the cramps and dioreaha every day. I do have a lot of stress in my current job. Hope this is enough information.
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in with an update. You might be under a lot of stress which is affecting your physical health. It is important that you consult your doctor and get evaluated for your problems in detail. Symptoms like severe abdominal cramps, bleeding in stools, fever, rectal bleeding and dehydration need to be evaluated in detail. Few basic tests may also need to be done. If no physical condition can be associated to your problems then you are most likely having irritable bowel syndrome. The criteria for irritable bowel syndrome are the absence of any other medical condition and with the following symptoms: Symptoms of recurrent abdominal pain or discomfort and a marked change in bowel habit for at least six months, with symptoms experienced on at least three days of at least three months. Two or more of the following must apply: Pain is relieved by a bowel movement Onset of pain is related to a change in frequency of stool Onset of pain is related to a change in the appearance of stool. In most situations, medications and dietary changes help treat more than two thirds of patients having problems like the ones you are facing. The remaining one third may benefit from psychological help. I hope this helps. Do write back in case of doubts. Dr.A.Rao Kavoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor