Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for cuts below my penis head?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3026 Questions
Doctor I had a sexual contact with a guy.,though I m male too.,I got two cut below the penis head is itching and paining ...would need ur advice..this had happen five days back...please advice. I m worried..I m from india
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You and Your Partner Should get Tested. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Welcome to XXXXXXX Since you had a sexual contact with a guy , and i suppose , you had it unprotected, and further you even got cuts on your penis shaft , I am afraid to say that you are at high risk of acquiring a sexually transmitted disease (STD) if your partner is carrying any. Also , you partner is at high risk of contracting a STD from you , if you have any. Common STD's are : 1. HIV 2. Herpes 3. Hepatitis B ,C 4. Gonnorhea , Syphillis 5. Chlamydia , Chancroid , And a long list. At this time , i would suggest you , to go to ICTC (Integrated Counselling And Training Centre) with your partner and get tested. ICTC Centres in India are being operated at all government hospitals. There you can get free counselling and testing done , IN CONFIDENCE. Also , if any one of you comes out to be positive for any infection by screening tests , it will be confirmed by confirmatory tests and treatment can be instituted to the infected person and prophylaxis to the other one. I am not saying that , either you or your partner has any STD , But it's always better to be sure. And the best way to be sure is to get tested. I hope i am able to solve your query , still if you have any query , you may ask me. Stay Healthy.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for cuts below my penis head? 16 minutes later
can I guide me some testing to conduct as this has happened four days back... should I consult any dermetalogist regarding thus
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Detail Follows Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Mostly test conducted by ICTC centers are HIV Rapid kit. Problem with this is that HIV test may come positive after 4-6 weeks of contracting the infection (known as Window Period). That is why i am advising , that both of you should get tested. So , that if anyone comes out to be positive , other one can be given Post Exposure Prophylaxis. Tests that can be done in window period for HIV detection are : 1. P24 Antigen 2. PCR DNA Other tests that should be done are : 1. HbsAg for Hepatitis B 2. Anti HCV Antibody for Hepatitis C. 3. HSV antibodies for Herpes Infection. These test may not be positive in initial phase but will help to rule out Active infection if present in any of the partner, so other can be treated prophylactic XXXXXXX I hope your query is answered. If you don't have any further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it!! Good Luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for cuts below my penis head? 29 minutes later
I have show to doctor, after inspection he said not to worry..and prescribed me syscan 200 once a week and micogent ointment to apply on affected area and to wash it with saline water
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get Tested Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Your doctor is treating you for fungal infection as you have cuts over there. But , your risk of contracting STD remains there. Get tested , be sure. Good Luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor