Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for curved erection when suffering from Peyronie's disease?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
My problem started about 2 months ago. I noticed that I had curved erection. The Urologist diagnosed my case as peyronie's disease. He told me it is minor and no treatment is required. When this problem started, I was able to have normal sex with my wife. But, 4 weeks later I noticed that the erection is weaker than before and cannot be maintained for along time as before. When I returned to the Urologist he gave me cialis, but it does not help me much. All results of blood & urine tests are normal. Please advise me? XXXX
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This needs step wise approach. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX In view of details, first thing that needs to be ruled out is whether there is any emotional issue leading to reduced performance. In my patients I always get this ruled out as I dont want them to go for medications life long or intermittently. So see a sex therapists, who can help you with counselling and also test if your able to achieve good erection or not.Support from your partner would be needed in this case. If this fails then I would suggest to try alternative medications or increase dosage with your doctor's guidance. If above both measures fail then we can conclude that it is related to peyronie's disease.For this again opinion of urologist would be needed to consider treatment options.Final resort would be surgical correction. Hope this gives you idea how to go about this. Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor