Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for chest pain while suffering from advanced Sjogrens syndrome and emphysema?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
Hello, 62 y.o,. female, ex-surfer for 35 years, now a mess. I am not overweight. I have Advanced Sjogrens Syndrome (including food allergy) & Emphysema. I just went through having pneumonia in my left lung. That has cleared up (catscan w/contrast). Now my ribs feel like someone hit me with a baseball bat & I am exhausted. Can you take a stab on the rib pain? Also, I live on Long Island in NY and came down to visit my Aunt for Thanksgiving and 12/1 was diagnosed w/ the pheumonia. I have to get home! What to do? Help! Thanks Dr. Grief. XXXX
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer. Tab Ibuprofen 400 mg three times Detailed answer.... Hello, Thanks or the query. Pain in chest or ribs following pneumonia is a very common problem and occurs because of severe coughing a person has during the illness. This is either due to inflammation of muscles which connect your ribs to each other or due to inflammation of ligaments by which your ribs are attached to the sternum. In any case the treatment is simple and consists of taking ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for 7-10 days. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor