What is the treatment for calculus in gall bladder?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: I have calcules 7mm size in lumen after examination with sludge. what is the treatment
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. A single calculus in the gall bladder that is picked up incidentally in a medical check up usually requires observation. A single stone in gall bladder may be seen in 10% of the general population and is mostly asymptomatic. The sludge formation might be due to pooling of bile. If you are not having any pain or jaundice, then there is no reason to worry. However, taking a surgeon's opinion is better keeping in mind medications to be taken and dietary changes. If you get pain any time in the future, discussion on surgical treatment might be necessary. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek