Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for burning skin from bleach on penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
Hello, I used bleach on a nearby ringworm and got some on my pee hole. Now it burns with some grey skin underneath the head. Should I be worried? Burns when I pee
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please approach a doctor Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Bleach burns is a serious concern especially if it is on mucosal surfaces like the urethra , they are risks of causing stricture of the urethra ( closing of the pee hole)and it causes severe discomfort when used on cracked skin like over a ring worm lesion Here are my suugestions to you 1. Flush the area well with water. 2. Apply calamine lotion over the area which is burning, in my practice I also advice lavender oil over the burning areas. 3. Please approach a dermatologist as soon as possible I hope I was of help, please get back to me if you have any further queries Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for burning skin from bleach on penis? 28 hours later
Hello Doctor, I washed my penis and put anti baictics on it. It stopped burning but now there are 3 circles where I burned it. It right underneath my pee hole. I kissed a girl with HPV or HSV 2 6 months ago. I am soooo scared I caught it! Help please!!
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Thanks for the reply HPV infections typically come in the form of blisters, the current issue definitely looks like burns from the bleaching of the genital parts. Continue to apply local antibiotic cream, silverex ointment can also help. Please refrain from doing it the next time Since you have been asymptomatic for over 6 months now it is unlikely that you are suffering from these viral infections however to confirm please approach a physician to send for HPV and HSV PCR blood test I hope I was of help, I am sorry for the delay in my reply I was unwell Please get back to me if you have any further queries I wish you good health Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor