Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for bumps on my penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

HIV AIDS Specialist
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 2703 Questions
I have atached a picture of this bump on my penis can you tell me what it is.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibility of Herpes Progenitalis. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. The picture sent by is not very clear. I am not able to see the bumps distinctly. But able to see few less pigmented patchy area, which I assume it could be vesicles containing clear fluid. Then it could be a case of HSV2 ( Genital Herpes) infection, one of the STDs. If you consult a Dermatologist or a Genito-urinary physician, he will treat you easily with appropriate Anti viral drugs. It is better to rule-out the possibilities of other STD/HIV by blood tests. Safe sex always offers you a high degree of protection in your future. Get well soon Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for bumps on my penis? 1 hour later
It is only one bump and it is easyer to see when it is erect .
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Cyst or a furucle are the possibilities. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. If it is a single bump,then it is unlikely to be due to HSV2. How long you are having this? If it is a long duration without pain it could be a cyst from skin. It will not do any harm. If you want to remove the same it has to be surgically treated with excision or cauterization. If it is short duration and contains pus it may be a furuncle or hair folliculitis (rare in penile skin). A dermatologist after examination will be able to diagnose the same. Nothing much to worry. Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor