Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for bumps above my pubic region?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
I have a huge bump right above my pubic hairs where I put my pants and it hurts really bad. What do I do? What is it?
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is apparently a Staph infection of deeper skin Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I have seen the picture uploaded by you. Though clinical examination of the bump is required to make a firm diagnosis, it is however, most likely Cellulitis (Staph infection of the deeper layers/tissues under the skin. This usually occurs due to either, * friction over the skin by the elastic band of the pants, or * Shaving of the pubic region This causes a breach of the skin with consequent invasion of Staph bacteria (normally present over the skin) into the tissues underlying the skin. A 7-10 days' course of appropriate antibiotics, specific to Staph infection, along with a short course of anti-inflammatory pain-killers will cure the infection. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order tests if required, and prescribe suitable medicines in effective doses, as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, young lady, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor