Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for brain vasculitis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I have a daughter who has been dignosed with brain vasculitis by her rheumatologist. I can't find neurologist willing to accept her case, What do I do?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello & thank you for submitting your question. I'm sorry to hear that you cannot find a neurologist to help your daughter's case. The best way to approach this (if not already done so) would be to ask the rheumatologist if he/she has any recommendations for referrals. It might come down to finding the closest university hospital and calling their neurology offices and inquiring about your case. Unfortunately, it is beyond the purview of this service to be able to predict how this shall work with your medical insurance and compensation or to provide specific referrals. Please do make sure to obtain all medical records and imaging studiesfrom previous doctors when you visit the neurologist. I understand that this is an unsettling and urgent situation for you and your daughter. I hope this was somewhat helpful and that you will find a doctor soon. All the best, Dr G
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor