What is the treatment for Serratia Liquefaciens for urinary tract? Took Ceftriaxone
Sulfa, metilmicine, gentamicin, nitrofurantoine, almost everything. Resistant to Amikacin and ceftriaxone, took combined treatment and no healing!!! 10 days of Ceftriaxone 1gr and 500 mg of amikacine twice a day
Thanks for posting your query.
You have received ceftriaxone and amikacin injections for 10 days. But the bacteria in urine are not sensitive to these antibiotics as per the sensitivity report. Hence change the antibiotics.You should be started on antibiotics for which the Serratia Liquefaciens is sensitive.
Hope I answered your query.
Thanks for the reply.
Sometimes bacteria develop resistance to the antibiotics while on treatment. This may be the cause for no response to the antibiotics in your case. If the urinary tract infection is not responding to ceftriaxone and amikacin, you need to change the antibiotics.
Serratia Liquefaciens most of the time remains sensitive to ceftazidime, cefoperazone, cefapime and quinolone antibiotics like levofloxacin, ciprofloxacin.
Have you tested for these antibiotics?
Does the report mentions resistance to these antibiotics?
If the sensitivity report does not mention about sensitivity to these antibiotics, you may need to undergo repeat sensitivity testing. Empirically one of the antibiotic can be changed till the next sensitivity report becomes available.
Please reply, I am waiting for your response.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ceftriaxone urinary tract infection dose
- Female urinary tract infection treatment
- Cipro treatment of urinary tract
- Male urinary tract infection treatment
- Urinary tract infection treatment
- Urinary tract infection amoxicillin treatment
- What is the treatment for urinary tract infection
- Urinary tract infection pregnancy treatment
- Esbl urinary tract infection treatment
- Ceftriaxone dosing urinary tract