What is the treatment for Endometrial hyperplasia?

Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Question: i an 55 years old , and done TVS reported a endometrial thickness of 11.6mm Is it necessary to have a biopsy. How to treat
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: DO ENDOMETRIAL BIOPSY TO CONFIRM THE DIAGNOSIS. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. In your age group, endometrial thickness (ET) at 11.6 mm is mostly suggestive of Endometrial hyperplasia. It may be due to hormonal effect. However, we need to rule out possibility of early stage endometrial carcinoma through endometrial BIOPSY following D & C. TREATMENT: Simple endometrial hyperplasia can be treated with Progesterone therapy alone. Periodic monitoring is required on the basis of test reports. Complex endometrial hyperplasia should be treated with endometrial ablation or symptomatic case (vaginal bleeding) needs definite treatment in the form of total abdominal hysterectomy with removal of both sided ovaries and fallopian tubes (TAH + BSO). Other supportive treatment may be required according to biopsy test result. Kindly, consult with your GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance. Hope, it helps for your understanding. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW