Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
191 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What is the treatment for Endometrial hyperplasia?

Answered by
Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 4048 Questions

Posted on Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Question: i an 55 years old , and done TVS reported a endometrial thickness of 11.6mm Is it necessary to have a biopsy. How to treat
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: DO ENDOMETRIAL BIOPSY TO CONFIRM THE DIAGNOSIS. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. In your age group, endometrial thickness (ET) at 11.6 mm is mostly suggestive of Endometrial hyperplasia. It may be due to hormonal effect. However, we need to rule out possibility of early stage endometrial carcinoma through endometrial BIOPSY following D & C. TREATMENT: Simple endometrial hyperplasia can be treated with Progesterone therapy alone. Periodic monitoring is required on the basis of test reports. Complex endometrial hyperplasia should be treated with endometrial ablation or symptomatic case (vaginal bleeding) needs definite treatment in the form of total abdominal hysterectomy with removal of both sided ovaries and fallopian tubes (TAH + BSO). Other supportive treatment may be required according to biopsy test result. Kindly, consult with your GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance. Hope, it helps for your understanding. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures ,  

Recent questions on  Biopsy

doctor1 MD

what is the cause of brown stain in underwar coming out of the penis?

Is it dangerous? do you have to be alarmed? What should be done about it?It...

doctor1 MD

I have some circle type on both my hands....visited some skin specialists....they advised skin biopsy and the result for the same minimal...

doctor1 MD

hi i was by the ENT last week and their found a node in my right side the size 4,5 in my thyroid so there did a needle biopsy to see that it is...

doctor1 MD

I hope so! Sclerotic liver was a word just used to me after a test taken that showed high portal tension, I also had a Transjugular biopsy of the...

doctor1 MD

Hi there I’m a 42 yo healthy male with mild psoriasis and psuedogout. Recent routine blood tests were normal. Three weeks ago whilst I had a mild...

doctor1 MD

Hi I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer from a biopsy . They think it is confined to prostate. GS 3+4. 19/12 probes positive. 15% of tissue...

doctor1 MD

My father is 70 years old and has been detected with out of bound reports for some of the Tests related to Kidney . Attached are prescriptions and...