Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for Depression and Anxiety?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
yes, I recently had a therapeutic abortion and am having severe coping problems with depression and anxiety. I am currently taking prozac and have very few zanex left fron the primary care dr. I previously had. I no longer see her and am looking for a dr. who is able to prescribe and counsel me as well to help me cope with these issues. I am currently attending vatterott college for medical assisisting am a mother of five. I am very overwhelmed and need sone help asasp!
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Doctor details Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. I understand that anxiety and depression can be very disabling and your approach in adding up medications with psychotherapy would be really profitable. Your fluoxetine and xanax combination is fine for your anxiety and depression, but the treatment has to be continued regularly. For therapy you may choose cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy is taken by either a psychologist or a psychiatrist in which the therapist identifies impaired cognitions (Thoughts) and try to correct them. They are 15-20 min weekly session and there should be around 8-10 sessions to help you with your illness. As per your need , I am letting you know the details of a psychiatrist who can provide you with these medications and therapy near your location. You may contact: Dr. XXXXXXX R. McGinn, MD Psychiatry, Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry) 218 Hospital Ave Suite C, Ozark, AL 36360 Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D. PS: I hope you are looking for a doctor from Ozark, Alabama. If not please specify your preferred location
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor