Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the treatment for Balantis? On medication for hypertension

User rating for this question
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
Hi. Which is the correct medicine for treatment of balanitis and I am from India.
I am taking High BP control drugs since four years.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 19 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query
The treatment of balanitis depends on the cause of the balanitis.

If you are diabetic first control diabetes and then treat the cause.

Balanitis that is caused by bacteria may be treated with antibiotic tablets or creams.

Balanitis that occurs with skin diseases may respond to treatment of the skin condition.

In severe cases, circumcision may be the best option.

In case you have any doubts revert back, am available for followup queries
Or accept our response
Get Well Soon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor