What is the toxic dosage of Nitrazepam?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: how many nitrazepam 5mg tablets would kill a person if taken at once
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The toxic dose of nitrazepam is less than the lethal dose.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

The toxic dose of nitrazepam is less than the lethal dose. So, in case of high dose, if the person does not kill himself, he will suffer from liver toxicity. Please let me know the exact scenario and based on that I will guide you about what is to be done.

I will await your response.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 13 minutes later
I want to end my life that is why I asked about the sleeping tablets but I have codeine and oramorph - I desperately desperately need help
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sleeping pills will not help in killing yourself

Detailed Answer:
I understand that you might be in a dismal situation. But ending your life would not solve anything. No matter what, there is light at the end of the tunnel. You just need to walk a bit further. So, pull on. Surely much can be done to change the future. If you can ask this question, you are definitely sane, and your sanity will help you pull through. You can see a psychological counselor and he will help you take a new stance your problems.

I would be by your side. Feel free to write back.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 minutes later
where can I get help now? I cant ring the nhs I cant ring the police I was rude to them last Wednesday night and am ashamed but cannot face tomorrow having to go through this. I haven't eaten or slept since Wednesday HELP ME PLEASE
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dial 112.

Detailed Answer:
I am eager to help you and I am sure that it is the same in case of the emergency helpline personnel. Just dial 112 and describe your situation. They would have forgotten that you had been rude to them . They will rather stand beside you and help you override the crisis situation that you are currently facing . Please describe it to them and they will understand. Do not hesitate.

Wish you all the best.

You can always write back to me.