Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What is the suggested medication for acute stomach ache and body ache?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 492 Questions
Hi, Please advise on a medicine to take for acute stomach ache, stomach cramps and now cause of this, body ache also. regards
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 2 days later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for the query. Ideally it is not recommended to prescribe medications on XXXXXXX website. Well if it is mild upper abdominal discomfort associated with acidity symptoms can take an over the counter medication like omez 20 mg twice a day and see how you feel. If pain in mild and associated with diarrhoea then can take an anti spasmodic drug like cyclopam available over the counter. However if pain is severe with fever, vomiting, abdominal distention, jaundice or persistent then need to see a doctor at earliest. Wish you a speedy recovery. Happy to help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor