What is the success rate of a deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty?
One of my cousins has undergone eye surgery as per attached documents. Please guide on his future life whether he will be alright or require medical attention.
Regular medical follow ups.
Success rate of a deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty is above 85% post 10 years of surgery. As per the discharge papers, surgery was performed well and post operatively the patient was okay.
If all instructions, medications and follow up are done as advised by doctor, the success rate is as high as 85% even 10 years after surgery.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the recovery period after cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for presence of floaters in vision
- Suggest treatment for myopia in a child
- Is surgery advisable for scar tissues behind the eye?
- What causes irritation in the eyes after cataract surgery?
- What causes floaters in the field of vision post cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for transient ischemic attack
- Suggest treatment for strabismus
- What causes swelling and redness in the eyes?
- What causes watery eyes after cataract surgery?