What is the solution for stomach bloating?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have been having stomach bloating problem since last 1 year and now the same has aggraavated. I feel very uncomfortable during the second half of the day. I have taken various medicines however nothing seems to help.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. The abdominal bloating could be due to increased gas or gastroparesis ( slow functioning of the stomach). Increased gas could be due to certain food items like beans, lentils, cabbage etc or it could be due to infections. Gastroparesis is commonly due to diabetes. You need to undergo a few tests to find the cause and treat it. Tests like blood glucose, stool analysis and a upper GI endoscopy should be done. You can get good relief with medications like Nexpro-L taken once a day before breakfast. Discuss with your doctor before taking these medications. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini