Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What is the small round feeling like ball in my vagina?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
Hi I have had a small soft round feeling like ball in my vagina for a while and am wondering what it could be? I am in menopause and have been for 8 years. Also when does that end? The hot flashes are lessening now. Thank You I have a small soft round feeling like ball in my vagina for a while and am wondering what it could be. I am in menopause and have been for 8 years.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Cervical tumor, cyst, warts, uterine prolapse or b Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, It is important first of all to note if you have had any past history of gynecological surgery. If not, good. The commonest causes of this feeling is usually a prolapse or descend of the uterus. The usually causes the cervix to descend, and when touched or felt gives the impression as if it is a ball or mass. Another common cause could be a polyp. this could be of cervical origin or a a large wart of the cervix. Warts are generally caused by a group of viruses called the Human papilloma viruses. These masses, when very large could give the impression of a lump. It is important to know if you have had any problems with urination lately. A descend of the bladder into the vaginal cavity, due to weakening of the pelvic floor could give this sensation. This is a vesicocoele It is important to precise if you have experienced any vaginal bleeding, any pains in the abdomen or not. A complete vaginal examination, and a careful speculum examination would give a clear orientation for subsequent testing. A pap smear, together with a cervical biopsy might be useful at some pint in time. In case of large warts, testing for human papilloma viruses and subsequent management would be useful. Treatment shall be based on clinical findings and specific tests if need be. i suggest you book an appointment with a gynecologist for proper review. In case of absence of pains, bleeding, any swollen lymph nodes, you really need not panic. A timely consultation however still remains my advice. Kind regards. Please, do feel free asking follow up questions in case you have any specific concerns. I would be glad making my humble contributions. Kind regards Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor